The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
– Walt Disney
Why “Two Things” you ask?
- We’d like you to pick ONE thing (event, process, etc) that worked well for you/your organization in 2019 and will likely continue to add value in 2020. Don’t lose sight of it!
- Next, pick ONE thing that you will change to make 2020 more successful
The change could be related to you as an individual, or for your team/organization. Some things to consider:
From an individual perspective:
- Where do you want to be more impactful? (personally or professionally)
- What development area(s) would help most with your growth? (financially or intellectually)
- Are there relationships that need to be developed or enhanced?
- Does communication need to be addressed – is it insufficient or lacking clarity?
- Are you committed to being a continual learner?
- How’s your home/work balance?
From an organizational perspective, do your colleagues/direct reports:
- Trust one another?
- Engage in healthy conflict?
- Commit to decisions?
- Hold one another accountable?
- Focus on achieving collective results?
- Does the work culture support the agile mind-set?
- Is risk taking encouraged?
- Are differences (values/cultural/strengths/behaviors) recognized, appreciated, and valued?
It all starts with awareness, goals, and taking action. What do you have planned for 2020? How are going to make your plans real? Are there any barriers preventing you from succeeding? What or who could help?
Wishing you success in 2020!
Do what you can with all you have, wherever you are.
– Theodore Roosevelt