When fun gets deep enough, it can heal the world.
– the Oaqui
2020 has been a unique year and one that we think many are anxious to put behind us. So many have suffered with stress due to the threat of or actual health issues, lay-offs, business failures, and political turmoil.
Because of this we’ve decided to lighten it up and want to share “Yogi-isms” in hopes of bringing smiles.
For those that don’t know, Yogi Berra was an 18-time Baseball All-Star and appeared in 14 World Series as a member of the Yankees. In addition to his baseball excellence, he was known for his memorable sayings because most didn’t make sense. We’re referring to these as Yogi-isms and hope some actually make you chuckle!
- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- You can observe a lot by just watching.
- It ain’t over till it’s over.
- It’s like déjà vu all over again.
- No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded.
- Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.
- A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.
- Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.
- We made too many wrong mistakes.
- Congratulations. I knew the record would stand until it was broken.
- You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.
- You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you.
- I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four.
- Never answer an anonymous letter.
- Slump? I ain’t in no slump… I just ain’t hitting.
- The future ain’t what it used to be.
- It gets late early out here.
- Pair up in threes.
- Why buy good luggage, you only use it when you travel.
- You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going, because you might not get there.
Yogi also shared “I never said most of the things I said”, and we’ll conclude by saying “Life is no fun without fun”.
Wishing you an abundance of fun!
There are going to be good times and bad times, but lighten up.
– Chris Pine