The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential…
these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
We dealt with the challenges that 2020 provided us, now it’s time to assess if/how our needs and desires have changed from last year or if they have pretty much remained the same.
Things to consider:
From an individual perspective:
- Where do you want to be more impactful? (personally and professionally)
- What development area(s) would help most with your growth? (financially or intellectually)
- Are there relationships that need to be developed or strengthened?
- How are your communication skills? Do you over or under communicate?
- Do you schedule time for you? (To use however you choose!)
- How could your life be more meaningful?
From an organizational perspective, do your colleagues/direct reports:
- Support shared goals?
- Trust one another?
- Engage in healthy conflict?
- Hold one another accountable?
- Collaborate on achieving collective results?
- Support an agile mind-set?
- Embrace differences? (values/culture/gender/behaviors/styles)
What are your “needs” for 2021? What about your “desires”? How are you differentiating them? We suggest that you:
- Write them down
- Prioritize them (and add target completion dates)
- Consider any barrier that could get in the way
- Document any dependencies
- Track your progress regularly (at a minimum, monthly)
May all your wants and desires be fulfilled!
The starting point of all achievement is desire.