- Florida Leadership Journey 152 – Session 1 on September 18, 2018 10:00 am
- Phoenix Leadership Journey 159 – Session 1 on October 16, 2018 9:30 am
Leadership Journey I Overview
PeopleTek’s Leadership Journey I program coaches individuals how to gain, apply, and leverage leadership skills to envision a better tomorrow and blaze a path to achieve it.
The Leadership Journey may be attended as a team, with subsets of organizations, across business lines, or individually. The Program offers in-person or virtual coaching options to provide you with a path to attaining the courage, determination, and a clear vision needed to excel as a leader.
Our participants learn to tap into their full potential as leaders, as well as the potential of others they work with so that they can manage conflicts and work more productively with colleagues who have different working styles.
The program provides diagnostics, feedback, and a personalized leadership development plan to maximize behaviors resulting in immediate results, and it increases self-awareness, maximizes strengths/minimizes weaknesses, and positions you to better relate to and influence others.
Whether you’re a tenured or newly promoted leader or an individual contributor, you’ll learn new behaviors that remove obstacles that help attain desired goals.
The Journey stands out as it the most effective leadership development program. It focuses and builds awareness of key leadership behaviors and illustrates how these behaviors impact productivity.
The 4 Core Competencies of Leadership Journey I
- Communication Skills: Improving communication skills with peers, direct reports, and senior management team represents a critical component of effective leadership. Leadership Journey I helps you develop skills to speak to the needs and aspirations of your team in achieving a common mission.
- Building Relationships: A pivotal component of leadership is forging strong relationships with your team and those who interact with your team. Leadership Journey teaches you how to go beyond creating superficial relationships and building lasting relationships that you can count on for boosting your career or business.
- Delegate Effectively: Giving up control is one of the hardest tasks for many leaders to master, as it can introduce uncertainty and mistakes. Leadership Journey shows you how to effectively delegate responsibility without losing control, all while increasing the efficiency of both yourself and your team. You will learn ways to monitor the progress of deliverables in a way that avoids surprises and holds team members accountable for results.
- Change Management: Given the constant effect of technology and other change on industries and enterprises, keeping your team focused is a continuous challenge. Leadership Journey guides you on how to leverage change to your advantage while remaining aligned with the organizational mission and goals.
How Are In-Person Sessions Conducted?
- 12, 3-hour sessions every other week
- 15-25 participants/class, chance to interact with others from different companies, learning different perspectives and experiences
- Classes take place in major cities in the US
16 Reasons Leadership Journey May Be Perfect For You
Leadership Journey takes people through a growth and discovery process, it provides a foundation for improved performance, and we’ve been told it’s a life changing experience! This program may be perfect for you if…
- You want to be more comfortable and confident in yourself and everyday situations.
- You want to understand your preferences so you can better relate to others.
- You want to present yourself in a way others will admire.
- You want to communicate better with others or you’ve been misunderstood.
- You want to establish and strengthen relationships.
- You want to make better decisions.
- You want to advance your planning and task management skills.
- Other people think you are too aggressive, assertive, or passive.
- You want to manage change better for yourself and team.
- You want to manage conflict and difficult situations better.
- You were just promoted or want to be promoted.
- You have career potential that has not been achieved.
- You want to be a better leader who motivates and inspires others.
- You want to increase employee engagement.
- You want to embrace a “Growth Mindset” and become more self-aware.
- You look great on the outside, and now it’s time to work on the inside.
Earn continuing education credits!
PMI re-certification credits – refer to the PMI Talent Triangle for eligibility
You’ll also get QwikCoach, our 24/7, online coaching and support tool.
QwikCoach provides simple and direct access to hundreds of tips, techniques, and practice exercises. And, each Leadership Journey program has its own private domain where documents and updates may be shared only by class attendees.